Young People's Help and Information Page
The Young People's Help and Information Page was developed in 2004 for the Gold Coast White Pages 2004/2005 telephone directory. It can be found in the front section of the Gold Coast White Pages telephone book.
This page was initially produced with funding obtained from the Qld Government's Gambling Community Benefit fund.
The project develops and updates a full page entry in the White Pages of the Gold Coast telephone directory targeted specifically at young people and their families. Listings include relevant information about services and organizations that support young people and their families in the Gold Coast Region. This project involves organisations working collaboratively.
Young people are often disadvantaged because they do not know where to get help, advice or information. They often don't know what services exist, or don't know how to access services. This can leave them without appropriate support or information.
The Young People's Help and Information Page aims;
- to increase young people's knowledge of local services, making these services more accessible to them and increase community awareness of the variety of support and assistance available. This will ensure that youth and their families can access services as issues arise, addressing the situation before it develops into a crisis.
- to prevent youth suicide, crime, and homelessness, domestic and family violence.
The project has been evaluated and a positive response has been received to date.
Funds from this project have been received from a number of sources including;
- Qld Governments's Gambling Community Benefit Fund 2004
- Rotary Club of Surfers Paradise Central for the 2005
- Jodi Jackman, Lyndell Cronin & Friends for contributions to the 2006
- Gold Coast Children's Society for contributions to the 2006
- Gold Coast City Councillor's Douglas, Power, Pforr, Grew, La Castra and Robbins for contributions to the 2006
- Neumans Nucrush Quarries 2007
- The Rotary Club of Coomera Valley and Robina Varsity Lakes 2007
- Gold Coast City Council
Organisations who have assisted and collaborated with Care For Life in the updating of the page have included;
- Members of the Gold Coast Youth Network
- Mission Australia - Work for the Dole Project
- Youth at Risk Alliance
View and download the Young People's Help and Information Page here: Youth Page
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE